• Do not use if you have a pacemaker (or if you have a heart rhythm problem) or with any electronic devices. Using this unit with electronic devices may cause erroneous operation of the device. Stimulation in the direct vicinity of an implanted device may affect some models.
• Do not use during the first three months of pregnancy.
• Uniwand is designed to be used with Microcurrent programmes only. Do not use with programmes that exceed the parameters detailed in the technical specification.
• Do not use when driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing muscular control. Damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• Do not use if you have, in the area being treated: active or suspected cancer or undiagnosed pain with a history of cancer. Stimulation directly through a confirmed or suspected malignancy should be avoided as it may stimulate growth and promote spread of cancer cells.
• Do not use while simultaneously connected to high frequency surgical equipment as it may result in burns at the site of stimulator electrodes and possible damage to the stimulator.
• Do not use if you have metal implants in the head or neck area.
• Do not use if you have Botox injections in the application area.
• Do not use for 6-8 weeks following collagen injections.
• Do not use for 1 year following a Retin A or Ro-Accuntaine treatment. This medication used in the treatment of acne can cause thinning of the skin.
• Ensure the device is switched off before inserting the Uniwand lead.
• Uniwand is intended for single patient use only. Do not share your Uniwand. Improper treatment or cross-infection may occur.
• Caution should be used if you have a bleeding disorder as stimulation may increase blood flow to the stimulated region.
• Caution should be used if you have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy as electrical stimulation may affect seizure threshold.
• Do not permit use by children unable to understand the instructions or persons with cognitive disabilities, i.e., Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
• Keep out of reach from children. Lead wire is a long cord - risk of strangulation in infants.
• Do not use on broken skin.
• Some patients may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation or electrically conductive medium (e.g., the Unigel). The irritation can usually be reduced by using an alternate conductive medium. If a skin irritation continues, discontinue treatment immediately.
• Do not immerse your device in water or place it close to excessive heat.
• Keep the device away from sunlight, as longterm exposure may affect the rubber causing it to become less elastic and crack.
• Keep the device away from lint and dust, as long-term exposure may affect the sockets or cause the battery connector to develop a bad contact.
• There are no user serviceable parts. Do not attempt to open or modify the unit. This may affect the safe operation of the unit and will invalidate the warranty.
If you experience skin irritation or burning, discontinue use.
If you experience any persistent painful sensations during or following the use of the Uniwand device, you should stop using the device and consult your healthcare professional.